1. Data WAVLINK collect and how WAVLINK use such data
This paragraph introduces what your data may be collected by WAVLINK and how WAVLINK may use such data through WAVLINK products and services.
1.1 The personal data WAVLINK collect
Personal data means any data which could directly or indirectly identify you, such as your name, email address and IP address. WAVLINK may collect your following personal data based on your prior consent:
1. Your true, accurate, current and complete registration data, including your e-mail address, phone number, country/region and age (some of them only requested in some countries) when you sign up for WAVLINK Member account. If you use your social media account (for example, your Facebook or Google account) to sign up for WAVLINK Member account, such social media provider (for example, Facebook Inc. or Google Inc.) may share your personal data under your social media account (for example, email address, name, nickname and date of birth) based on your consent. Moreover, when you log in your WAVLINK Member account (Route: Visit WAVLINK official website https://www.wavlink.com →find “LOGIN” on the upper-right side of the website → Enter the E-mail address and password you registered for WAVLINK Member account → find your data under “WAVLINK Account”), you can provide your additional personal data to edit your profile of WAVLINK Member account (for example, your picture, gender, address and profession), and to enjoy WAVLINK products and services associated with your WAVLINK Member account (for example, your product serial number for WAVLINK product registration, articles and pictures posted and uploaded on WAVLINK website which may contain your personal data).
2. Your name, mailing/shipping/billing address (including zip code), contact data, e-mail address, credit card number or other payment service data when you make a purchase of our products (for example, purchasing WAVLINK products through WAVLINK official stores on different platforms) and paid services. Moreover, in addition to the above personal data, your product data (for example, product serial number) may also be collected when you request for certain customer services (for example, product repair services).
3. Your name, contact data, e-mail, gender, date of birth, product data (for example, product serial number), and a copy of your invoice (in some countries, your name, address and other personal data may be included in your invoice), when you enter our events or campaigns. The actual collected items of your personal data will vary from respective event or campaign. Moreover, if you are a winner of our event or campaign, or if you will receive giveaways from WAVLINK, you may need to additionally provide your mailing/shipping address (including zip code) and personal data for tax declaration (for example, your residential address, ID or passport number and its copy).
Furthermore, in addition to the above personal data, you may need to provide your bank account data when you join our cashback event.
4. Your product data, such as your product serial number, IP Address, MAC Address, IMEI number, Android ID number and other unique product identifiers may be collected when you use WAVLINK products.
5. Your location data associated with WAVLINK products and services, such as your GPS signal, data identifying nearby Wi-Fi access points and cell towers, the country, city, time zone, latitude, longitude, altitude and precision of coordinates where your product is located, movement speed of your product, your country and language settings on your product.
6. Your voice, video, communication records when you contact WAVLINK (for example, by calling to WAVLINK call center, using WAVLINK online customer service portal to have a chat with WAVLINK, filling out online application form on WAVLINK official website and sending emails to WAVLINK). Furthermore, we may collect your voice instruction as well as your video record which may contain the image of your home environment when you use our robot-related products and services. The above voice, video and communication records may contain your personal data.
1.2 How WAVLINK use your personal data
We may use your personal data for the purposes below:
1. To assess and improve WAVLINK products and services.
2. To obtain customer feedback and to analyze user experience for the purpose of development and evaluation of new products and services.
3. To fulfill the sign-up process of WAVLINK Member account and to experience WAVLINK products and services associated with WAVLINK Member account (for example, product registration and services of WAVLINK’ forums).
4. To provide delivery services (for example, delivering proof of purchase or invoice), software updates and technical notices for WAVLINK products and services you purchase.
5. To process and fulfill any subscriptions you have signed up for, including WAVLINK eDMs or newsletters to keep you up to date with the latest WAVLINK news, promotions and upcoming events. You may unsubscribe it at any time with no charge.
6. To send you important notifications, such as communications about changes to our terms, conditions and policies. Because of the importance of such communications, you may not opt out of receiving these communications.
7. To verify your identity, deliver event or campaign entries and rewards, contact you for event or campaign-related matters, provide cashback allowance, declare tax and provide shuttle services and cover you with insurance if it is a necessity when you enter our events or contests.
8. To provide you with customer support services (for example, to fulfill your product repair requests and respond to your questions), our customer care and customer satisfaction survey for user experience analysis, and to protect your rights and interests and adopt access control, we may collect your voice, video and communication records when you contact WAVLINK or visit WAVLINK Royal Club repair stations and WAVLINK offices. Moreover, we may collect your voice and video records to assist WAVLINK robot-related products and services arriving at the specific destination upon your request.
9. To provide you with personalized marketing services, for example, using third party advertising cookies to offer marketing communications and advertising that we believe may be of interest of you, or recommendation about services you may be interest in based on your use of WAVLINK products and services.
10. Any other purposes with your prior consent.
1.3 The anonymous data WAVLINK collect and how WAVLINK use such anonymous data
Anonymous data means any data which could not directly or indirectly identify you, such as your product model, software version and date of invoice. When you use WAVLINK products and services, we may collect the following anonymous data from you, and use such collected anonymous data for any purposes. Moreover, when the following anonymous data is connected with your personal data listed above, under such circumstances, we will also treat such anonymous data as personal data and protect such anonymous data at the same level of protection for personal data.
1. Your log data associated with WAVLINK products and services, such as your product model name, product name, brand name, manufacturer name, part number, type and version of hardware (for example, chipset) and operation system, factory-default settings, activation time, firmware update data (for example, the execution method for firmware update, update date and result of update), size of memory and storage, Read-Only Memory (ROM) related data (for example, type, version, build fingerprint and build description of ROM), product color, the telecom and network you use to connect to our products and services, the status of the network, telephony log data, standby status, crash history, preferred interface, type, version and language settings of browser, diagnose and usage data, your usage behavior, version of Wi-Fi, system status (for example, usage status of battery, CPU and RAM), and local time.
2. Your application data associated with your usage and interaction with WAVLINK applications and software, such as the name and version of applications and software, the install and uninstall time, login and logout time, frequency and numbers of your usage, open and close time of applications and software, the category of your preferred applications and software, usage behavior settings, update version and update result.
3. Your purchase data of WAVLINK products and services (for example, the purchase date and reseller’s name) when you request for certain customer support services (for example, product repair services) or join our events.
2. Retention of your personal data
This paragraph introduces how long WAVLINK retain your personal data.
3. To whom WAVLINK disclose your personal data
This paragraph introduces WAVLINK may share your personal data to third parties under limited circumstances and purposes.
Your personal data will not be disclosed to any third parties without one of the following exceptions:
3.1 Your Consent
· We will only disclose or share your personal data to other third parties with your prior consent.
3.2 Business Partners
· We may disclose hashed and anonymized data to our business partners, for example, business partners who provide data analytics services or advertisings and marketing communications based on the hashed and anonymized data through third party advertising cookies.
3.3 Service Providers
3.4 For legal, protection, security purposes
We may disclose or share necessary items of your personal data with third parties for one of the following legal or security purposes:
· To the extent it is required by applicable laws or regulations or competent governmental or judicial authorities, necessary to establish or preserve a legal claim or defense, or necessary to prevent fraud or other illegal activities.
· To protect the rights, property or safety of WAVLINK, our service providers, customers or the public, as required or permitted by law.
4. Cross-border processing of your personal data
This paragraph introduces WAVLINK may transfer your personal data to different countries under the premises that WAVLINK should comply with privacy-related laws and regulation in such countries.
5. Cookies and similar technologies
1. In order to enrich and perfect your online experiences, we use the following cookies which are essential to WAVLINK products and services:
Sign-up and authentication
Storing your preferences and settings
Load balancing function
2. For analytics purpose and to provide you with personalized advertising services and other functions, we use the following cookies to optimize your experiences in using WAVLINK products and services:
Targeting and advertising
Watching YouTube videos embedded in our websites
5.2 How to manage cookies settings
1. Please note that you can configure cookies settings by accessing the browser you install to accept, block or delete some or all of cookies (for example, third party cookies).
3. If you choose to block cookies, you may not be able to use all of the features of WAVLINK products and services.
4. The functions of cookies settings may vary depending on the type and version of browser you install. We try to list common and widely-used types of browsers as following. You may refer to the following linkage to understand how to control your cookies settings through such browsers (The content in the following linkage is English. For your easier reading, please find the language option in the following linkage to select your preferred language). Also, if you do not use anyone of the following browsers, or the content in the following linkage is removed or not accessible, please visit those browsers’ privacy-related statements or support pages for further information. You may also refer to https://www.aboutcookies.org/ (the content in this linkage is English) which introduces how to manage your cookies settings through various browsers.
· How to control your cookies settings through Google Chrome browser:
· How to control your cookies settings through Microsoft Internet Explorer browser:
· How to control your cookies settings through Mozilla Firefox browser:
· How to control your cookies settings through Apple Safari browser:
5.3 Web Beacons
A web beacon is an often-transparent graphic 1x1 (pixel) GIF or PNG image that is implemented on websites or in an email to measure the effectiveness of campaigns. WAVLINK or our service providers may use web beacons to know if you visit certain pages or click links in WAVLINK products and services. We may implement web beacons in our marketing communications such as eDMs or WAVLINK newsletters to know which communication contents you have clicked or read. We will use the data from web beacons to improve our websites and WAVLINK products and services.
6. Third-party links in WAVLINK products and services
This paragraph introduces when you visit any links or use any services provided by third parties, please always refer to privacy-related statements issued by third parties.
This paragraph introduces how WAVLINK protects your personal data and provide some suggestions on how to protect your personal data at your end.
We take precautions to protect your personal data against unauthorized access, alteration, disclosure or destruction. We conduct internal reviews of our data collection, storage and processing practices and technical and organizational security measures, as well as physical security measures to guard against unauthorized access to systems where we store your personal data. Transmission of personal data between different locations of WAVLINK and its affiliated entities is performed through our secured wide area network. When you submit your personal data to us, your personal data is protected both online and offline. However, WAVLINK cannot guarantee perfect security on the internet. To protect your personal data from unauthorized access, we recommend that you:
7.1 To appropriately protect your WAVLINK Member account, for example:
1. To use alphanumerical passwords when signing up WAVLINK Member account.
2. To use your own account name and password to log in WAVLINK Member account. Also, you are solely and entirely responsible for securing the confidentiality of your account name and password and for any and all activities that occur under your WAVLINK Member account.
3. To change your passwords of WAVLINK Member account on a regular basis.
4. To immediately contact us when you find that the account name/password of your WAVLINK Member account had been misappropriated. WAVLINK may suspend or terminate the permission to login your WAVLINK Member account with such account name/password (or any part thereof), and remove your personal data related to your WAVLINK Member account.
7.2 To keep your products up to date by applying the latest available security updates for your software and use such tools as virus/spyware scanners.
7.3 If you become aware of a technical vulnerability affecting WAVLINK products and services, please do not hesitate to contact us through firstname.lastname@example.org.
8. How to manage your personal data
This paragraph introduces that if you may have any inquiries or requests on your personal data collected by WAVLINK, you may log in your “WAVLINK Account” or manage privacy-related settings on particular WAVLINK products and services you use. Also, you may contact us through “Let's chat” instant chatting window on WAVLINK official website or email to email@example.com.
8.1 WAVLINK Member account
1. Please provide your true, accurate, current and complete personal data to WAVLINK under your WAVLINK Member account so that WAVLINK can provide you with the corresponding WAVLINK products and services.
2. You may view and change your account data by logging in your WAVLINK Member account and editing your account data.
3. If you would like to subscribe or unsubscribe WAVLINK eDM and notice with WAVLINK news, latest products and services, you may change the setting by logging in your WAVLINK Member account and find “Subscribe” on the left column, then choose “YES” or “NO”. If you choose “NO” for unsubscription, please be noted that it may take around 2 business days to complete the unsubscription process.
8.2 WAVLINK products and services
You are free to choose to enable or disable sharing your personal data with WAVLINK through privacy-related settings in particular WAVLINK products and services at all times when you use such WAVLINK products and services.
1. You can manage cookies settings through the browser you install to accept, block or delete some or all of cookies (for example, third party cookies) or adopt other settings at all times.
2. If you do not wish WAVLINK to provide you with personalized marketing services and advertisement through third party cookies, you may block or delete third party cookies through your browser at all times.
8.4 Contact WAVLINK to manage your personal data
8.5 Whenever you use WAVLINK products and services, we strive to maintain the accuracy of your personal data and protect your personal data against any accidental or malicious destruction. We will accommodate your requests regarding your personal data; however, we may not be able to fulfill your above requests in one of the following circumstances:
1. As required or permitted under application laws;
2. For legitimate business purposes;
3. Unreasonably repetitive requests that require disproportionate technical efforts and resources, for example, developing a new system or fundamentally changing the current practices;
4. Potentially risks on the privacy of others;
9. Children’s Privacy
This paragraph introduces that in order to protect children’s privacy, if you are a child, please seek your parents (or guardian)’s consent before you provide your personal data to WAVLINK. Also, if your parents (or guardian) would like to manage your personal data, he/ she may contact us through “Let's chat” instant chatting window on WAVLINK official website or email to firstname.lastname@example.org
10. Sensitive Personal Data
WAVLINK will never ask you to provide sensitive personal data such as data about your medical or health records, political, religious or philosophical beliefs, criminal offences (alleged, or committed), criminal conviction background, racial or ethnic origin, trade union membership, sexual orientation, sexual history, behavior or genetic data. Please refrain from providing us with such sensitive personal data.
12. Contacting Us